National AdministratorFlexible, permanent full-time (or two part-time roles), faith-based work
- Support the Navigator vision in action across New Zealand
- Work in a friendly, supportive, and flexible environment
- Support our National Director and organisation with high quality administration and coordination
- Deliver high quality financial administration, communications, and event management
The Navigators of NZ is a not-for-profit faith-based organisation. We help people follow Jesus in all the places they go and in all the different stages of life. We work together to equip and encourage individuals to help others walk this life of faith too. This role reports to the National Director and supports the vision and people of the NZ Navigators through excellent administrative services, national communications, and event management including:
- Financial administration of the organisation, including donations, Charity Commission obligations and staff related activities
- Administrative and logistical support to the National Director, National Leadership Team, Navigators’ staff, and Board
- HR administrative records, systems and processes review and maintenance
- Organisation and logistical support for national and regional gatherings
- Identify and implement innovative opportunities to improve NZ Navigators’ communication, administrative services, and event management.
You will be a key member of a small faith-based team in an organisation that embraces diversity, new ideas and positive change.
This is a working from home role with flexibility in location.
You love order and efficiency, enjoy wearing many hats and working independently in a remote team that trusts and relies each other. You have strong office administration experience, excellent communication skills and are a confident financial manager. You will also bring:
- Affinity and commitment to the vision and culture of The Navigators
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness and work well with people of different types and personalities
- A proactive work ethic, self-discipline, and the ability to work independently
- Care and accuracy in all aspects of work, particularly with financial information.
- Interested in learning new things and willing to challenge the way we do things, while respecting the past.
- Accounting experience and sound computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with small-business computerised accounting and payroll processes.
What's in it for you
We offer the opportunity to live your faith in the context of your work, flexible hours, and a role you can own and develop in a great team culture.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your cover letter and CV to Simon Cayzer, National Director by 12pm, Thursday 13 April 2023